Ajeltake at Sunset

Ajeltake at Sunset
On the Laura side of the Island

Yokwe

Yokwe

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Trip to Ebeye

Our trip to Ebeye was a big success.  The MLS project there is up and running thanks to these three.  There are three branches in Ebeye and they now all have a computer and are up on MLS. This is a great step forward for them and it will make a huge difference as they learn to use it.




This is the Young Women group in one of the Branches; they asked me to take their picture.


Ebeye DockThe ferry is a fun ride from Kwajalein to Ebeye; it's about twenty minutes long and only goes a couple of miles.
 Our Ebeye Missionaries
 I witnessed one of the most spectacular sunsets while standing on that dock at Ebeye.  The brilliant colors shimmered off of the waves in golds, reds, silver, tourquise and deep blues.  I was dazzled by the beauty. I was also noticing how the men fishing on the dock  acted as if they didn't  notice the unbelievale art and beauty of the scene. I didn't have my camera that night, but a camera couldn't have captured that amazing light show off of the water.   I took these pictures the next night trying to recapture the scene, but it wasn't the same,even though it was beautiful.  I guess it was a once in a lifetime gift to me,  and I will never forget it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment