Ajeltake at Sunset

Ajeltake at Sunset
On the Laura side of the Island

Yokwe

Yokwe

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Marshallese Stake Leadership Training

Sunday was a Stake leadership training and I was asked to teach the "Teacher Training class for the adults.  I didn't know how many people to expect, but I was a little bit surprised when my room was packed to overflowing.  I had the Gospel Doctrine teachers, the Relief Society Teachers, the Priesthood teachers and some of the presidency members. 
I was elated at how well the class went and at how receptive they were.  It was obvious that they were hungry for information and so willing to learn.  I had a couple of object lessons and tried to teach methods of teaching other than just reading the manuals.  I am always so impressed at how grateful these wonderful people are for being members of Christ's true church. One lady stood at the end of my lesson and asked if she could bear her testimony.   I am thankful that I was given the opportunity to teach that group, and I count that experience as one of the highlights of my mission.  By far the most rewarding thing here has been the interaction with the Marshallese people.  I will always have a special respect and love for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment