Ajeltake at Sunset

Ajeltake at Sunset
On the Laura side of the Island

Yokwe

Yokwe

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ocean fishing for the first time

We finally got to go fishing here in the ocean!
It was beautiful, and we had a great time, but we didn't get much.  Norm caught a small fish that he threw back, but we both got a lot of bites.  I could look down and see about twenty fish eating the squid off of my hook.  It jerked constantly, but I couldn't catch anything.  It was ok though, because I could see the fish so plainly and they were so brightly colored that I really didn't want to hook them.  They looked too much like a bunch gold and blue aquarium fish.
When the APs go fishing on their P day, they will catch a lot of fish, and they get larger fish.  They even bring us one occaisionally and they are fantastic eating. 
This flowing bush is so huge, I have wanted to take a picture of it for a long time.  It is about 15 feet high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment